2016– present Rutgers University Special Collections and University Archives (part-time)
2011–16 Curtis Institute of Music: Archivist
Collection development and management; reference; development of policies and procedures and online presence of the archives; conversion of legacy data and creation of finding aids; research and promotion of the school’s history and collections in biannual in-house and online exhibits, and a blog.
- Exhibit about photos by Fritz Henle in 1938, with online slideshow, music, and article
- 90th anniversary and alumni reunion: publicity, oral history project about student life and alumni appeal for archival materials (view exhibit and article)
2008–11 Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library, Princeton University: Special Projects Archivist (part-time)
Processing of collections; reference; contributions to library blogs.
- John van Antwerp MacMurray Papers: finding aid, including detailed research of MacMurray’s films of China, 1925–29
- Provision of online access to selection of digitized film footage; main writer and researcher for blog about the library’s audiovisual holdings
1998–2008 Seeley G. Mudd Manuscript Library, Princeton University: Special Collections Assistant IV (part-time)
Processing of collections; reference; curation of exhibits.
- Exhibit ‘Capturing China, 1913–1929: Photographs, Films and Letters of Diplomat John Van Antwerp MacMurray’ (Mudd Manuscript Library, Oct 2007–Jan 2008)
- Exhibit ‘Student, Scholar, President: Robert F. Goheen at Princeton, 1936-2006’ (Firestone Library, Sep–Dec 2006)
EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES, PRESENTATIONS, AND WRITINGS
2013 (Fall): Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference, Philadelphia: Speaker at outreach session
2008-present: Professional publications about archival collections
2002-present: Educational projects and writings for children
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
2016: Academy of Archivists Certificate
1992: School of Library, Archives and Information Studies, University College London, UK: Diploma in Archive Studies
1989: University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands: MA Modern History